Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-06-2024, 04:31 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah I might be naive but I'm not worried about the slot guy at all. At some point Burrow needs to turn water into wine. We can't spend top assets on every position. Honestly, I've had my eye on Terrace Marshall Jr for some time. If he gets cut by the Panthers- he reportedly will be- that's your short term fix. And whether it's TMJ or someone else, you can scoop guys like that off the street in today's league. Worst case, Jones deserves his shot. I would be incensed if we took another slot in the first three rounds when we just picked one in the fourth round last year lol

Either way, I love what Boyd did for us but I also know we weren't relying on him much with two stars on the outside. I fully expect that to continue with whoever replaces him.

Chase plays great in the Slot as well, agree, not really worried about the Slot WR. I would be for adding Terrace Marshall as well even if he 
has been a big time disappointment in Carolina. He has a history with Burrow and Chase, Marshall could flourish here and it makes sense to 
add him for these reasons. Still, we need a Tee replacement for the future though and there are plenty of WR's to be had that could be great
#2's in this Draft and they would be much cheaper on a rookie contract.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-06-2024, 04:44 PM