Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine
(03-06-2024, 03:34 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We have the cap space and picks to address the holes without trading Higgins. I've have demonstrated that ad nauseum. 

$44 mil in functional space: 
1. Williams at DT ($17 mil) 
2. Reader at NT ($8 mil) 
3. Vet FS ($5 mil) 
---That's $30 mil, $14 mil in space. Use that to to fill ONE of CB4, WR3, TE, or RT. Heck, even if we splurge for Wilkins at $25, we have $6 mil. $8 if you cut Scott. Chido, Boyd, Fant, Eluemunor, or an equivalent type player. For the sake of argument, say Boyd. 

Then take OT, CB, TE the first picks. 

Day 3, take some IOL depth, Taylor in the 5th, RB depth, LB depth, another DB +1. 

Further, I am more confident in an OT at #18 upgrading Jonah than a WR at #18 (or early 2nd) uograding Higgins. Plus, the DT FAs are WAY superior to OT, CB, or TE. I'd rather spend my $$ on two elite DTs and a bargain, proven vet FS. 

We just disagree. 

But in point of fact, we are not gonna trade Higgins. 

I don't care what the Bengals choose to do with TEE as long as whatever they do ends up WORKING.

As a Fan, I want the Bengals to create a Best Plan involving keeping TEE (in 2024 only) then create a

Best Plan involving keeping TEE longer Term then create a Best Plan involving a Trade of TEE

(Maybe 1 of the above 3 Plans really stands out as Best -or- maybe none stand out -or- maybe any could work for different reasons)

*Implying that since the Bengals have the Space to keep TEE in 2024 that then makes doing so the BEST PLAN seems premature.

**Implying that should the Bengals choose to Force TEE to play on the Tag in 2024 then that must Defacto be the Best Plan because 

that is what the Bengals end up doing does not necessarily make it the Best Plan.

***Say there is actually a ZERO percent chance that the Bengals will Trade TEE and he decides to play on the Tag in 2024***

Does that mean Fans should not be able to question the variables of that decision both BEFORE the Bengals make it Concrete and AFTER ?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine - depthchart - 03-06-2024, 05:44 PM