Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Mixon is going to be on the team this year
(03-06-2024, 07:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Told by whom and expected by whom? 

Those dolts at the combine though the early tag meant we were trading Tee. 

Unless he heard it from someone in the Cincy orbit, it means nada. 

It would not shock me, but it would surprise me. I still think he is here. 

EDIT: The reason I am skeptical is we do not have a replacement lined up. An early release signals at least one, if not both, of:

1) We plan to go big in FA and want the Cap space. A Reader + 2 big FAs scenario serms in play. Reader + 1 and some other, smaller fish also easier.

2) We plan on making a run at a FA RB (Henry, Jacobs, Barkley, Chubb if released).

I wouldn't be shocked if he was released but I still think it's doubtful. Maybe if they think they can get a couple of the FA backs for just a little more than the savings they'd have from releasing Mixon. But I think they would spend FA on a vet S and some CB depth ( our secondary is gonna need tweaked) as well as DT ( maybe resigning Reader ) than a vet RT atleast for depth. I think those moves would free us up to go trenches rd 1 and 2 and best available after that. 

I like Mixon but I realize we need to get more dynamic at RB. But I think that involves all aspects of the run game. I also think sinces it's not the strongest draft for RBs do they just hold off until next season. My biggest question would be are they willing to sign a cheaper vet to add with our group ( like a Moss, Gibson etc) while still retaining Mixon? Not sure they would want to add money to the RB room. But I also think we need to add someone to run more of a committee this year. But with the RB FA trends of the past couple years we could probably pick one up after the draft if we fail to find one in the draft.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Mixon is going to be on the team this year - NUGDUKWE - 03-06-2024, 09:14 PM