Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-06-2024, 01:14 PM)tms Wrote: Sorry if it's been discussed already but there's one question that keeps gnawing away at me:

Would you still draft a WR high (say, somewhere in the first three rounds) if you knew Tee was coming back to play on the tag? So in effect, draft a guy to stash for a year?

I honestly don't know. Seems like a missed opportunity no matter how you look at it. Draft a guy this year and you prevent yourself from addressing an actual need that could help you win the SB right away. Don't draft a guy (from this relatively strong WR class) and you may regret that in a year, when you wont have the same cap flex to fill that hole through free agency. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

What would you do? Confused

Absolutely not. Boyd is leaving and this team has never extended a player on the tag. 

Go back to 2015. The Bengals didn't take a WR in the 2015 draft and then watched Jones and Sanu leave after the season. We had to panic-sign Brandon LaFell and everyone on the planet knew we were going to take a WR in the first two rounds. We were basically forced to take Tyler Boyd in the 2nd round because of what had happened. I'd prefer not to have to repeat that process. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Bengal Dude - 03-07-2024, 01:35 AM