Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Mixon is going to be on the team this year
Not positive the O-lines run blocking is as bad as it appears and with a better back who trust them and accelerates into the holes it would be more apparent.

Mixon did this for about 2 games in midseason it seems and all looked fine. Too early before work for me to research the games now and am in the middle of fantasy baseball preparation for a few weeks anyhow. But most of the time Joe is too hesitant after receiving the hand off which I believe hurts him per he is not a speed demon from a dead stop.

He needs to get going and get behind his pads to be fast and the punishing back some claim he is on a constant. Believe this is why he goes down so easily because he is just starting to get motoring upon contact and not up to full speed. Get going and a RB gets 2 to 3 extra yards per carry just from their forward momentum or breaks the tackle even.

Once in the secondary and Mix has his speed up to par he is a punishing back. But most RB's are at this juncture but too often he gets hit before this happens.

Mixon is good at ball security, receiving out of the backfield, and drawing attention of the law. Yet is merely average at the rest and horrible at blocking on a passing team. He just wants to leak out to fast and become a WR at these times it seems to me which causes him to whiff a lot.

Even if kept the Bengals need to draft another RB imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Mixon is going to be on the team this year - Go Cards - 03-07-2024, 07:49 AM