Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trump suggest work around for funding Ukraine
(03-07-2024, 02:38 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: The sarcasm was certainly the first thought that popped into my head to. I'm sure Trump proposed it this way because hey, getting favorable loan terms and then refusing to pay it back worked for him so why not Ukraine?

But at the same time, it's what would happen anyways. Instead of giving them money, we'll give it to them in the form of an interest-free loan. OK, cool. How will Ukraine pay it back? Simple answer: they won't. They won't be able to. So then what? Are we going to engage in debt-trap diplomacy like China? Invade Ukraine ourselves? Or just forgive it anyways? Trump's idea just makes it seem more palatable to maga folks and the "America First" crowd.

We're already getting great return on our investment by alienating Russia on the world stage and setting them back decades. 

I suggest you read the article provided. It explains Ukraine only pays it back if they strike it rich, simply they would not have to pay it back unless their country recovers financially.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump suggest work around for funding Ukraine - Luvnit2 - 03-07-2024, 03:22 PM