Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-07-2024, 02:08 PM)depthchart Wrote: I agree but

More money would be available to bolster certain areas of the Defense while adding a decent RT to the offense

in Free Agency and/or by Draft.

Say they get a 2nd round pick for TEE & take 2 receivers within 3 rounds. (2 Draft picks go to receivers and the rest elsewhere)

Burrow would have Chase, (receivers from last years Team Iosivas & Jones etc) the UPGRADE at Tight End and lets say

they add 2 speedy Rookie receivers that will build in production as the season moves along leading up to the Playoffs.

Zac & Burrow should be able to work with this and get it humming come Playoff time.

Boyd likely goes no matter what, so does TEE leaving really sink the Burrow Ship with all of the above being added.

Can't Lou Anarumo (with More Money & some Draft picks) buy the Team some Time early in the season for the Offense to Gel later ?

Zac worked with Browning to win some games but he & Burrow can't work with this early on in the season & make it even better later ?
I understand your view of thinking. You rather invest big 
$$$ on the defensive side of the ball replace TEEs  production with drafting WRs. 
But what areas of the defense need immediate upgrades?
DT...S. I think there is a belief out there is that the only 
DTs that can immediately upgrade the dline is Jones
And Wilkins there is other DTs on the market 
That provide immediate upgrades. Heck only a couple 
Years ago the Bengals signed Ogenjobi and provided
A instead upgrade and he didn't command huge $$$$
I think you can address DT sufficiently in FA and still 
Extend TEE HIGGINS. and you add pieces in the draft 
In regards to drafting WRs. It's a deep WR draft. 
If you let Tee walk then your WR room gets that much younger . Then if Jamar gets hurt then your relying 
On rookies and 2nd yr players to deliver 
Retaining Tee gives the Bengals offense that firepower
At WR that teams have to gameplan #1 for every  week
Having Jamar and a bunch of unprovens doesn't 
Stress a defense so much 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - impactplaya - 03-07-2024, 05:55 PM