Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-07-2024, 05:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I understand your view of thinking. You rather invest big 
$$$ on the defensive side of the ball replace TEEs  production with drafting WRs. 
But what areas of the defense need immediate upgrades?
DT...S. I think there is a belief out there is that the only 
DTs that can immediately upgrade the dline is Jones
And Wilkins there is other DTs on the market 
That provide immediate upgrades. Heck only a couple 
Years ago the Bengals signed Ogenjobi and provided
A instead upgrade and he didn't command huge $$$$
I think you can address DT sufficiently in FA and still 
Extend TEE HIGGINS. and you add pieces in the draft 
In regards to drafting WRs. It's a deep WR draft. 
If you let Tee walk then your WR room gets that much younger . Then if Jamar gets hurt then your relying 
On rookies and 2nd yr players to deliver 
Retaining Tee gives the Bengals offense that firepower
At WR that teams have to gameplan #1 for every  week
Having Jamar and a bunch of unprovens doesn't 
Stress a defense so much 

I don't see this TEE issue as one way would be right and the other way would be wrong.

Keeping TEE can work depending on how everything else is Planned (as you imply) and I think that moving TEE can work.

I actually Teeter Totter on the TEE issue more than it may seem with a lean towards a Trade.

With the Trade option being dismissed by some as nearly impossible to have happen I then explored more as to why not do it.

*Soon the Bengals will make it all Concrete to Fans which way they go.

If they keep TEE and he stays fairly healthy & things go well then late into next season we will all be glad he stayed.

If they keep TEE and maybe the hammy issue resurfaces or things just don't go well then Fans may chirp.

If TEE gets Traded and things go well then many Fans won't miss TEE as much and they will likely start to Love the rookie(s)

If TEE gets Traded and things implode then Fans may point to his leaving as the cause and Chirp.

*The PRESSURE here is on the Bengals to make which ever way they go Work...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - depthchart - 03-07-2024, 06:27 PM