Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Favorite Prospect Fit (non-first round)
(03-07-2024, 01:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll go with T'Vondre Sweat the big NT out of Texas in the 2nd round.  With DJ Reader being injured, as well as his contract expired, his future as a Bengal is really in doubt.  Sweat can command a double team, clogging rushing lanes allowing our LBs to make their plays.  Same in the passing game, he will command a double team and should allow his other teammates on the front four to have an easier time rushing the passer.

Sweat is gonna be on alot of boards mid second round. A great A gap defender on 1st down in cover 2 is a massive win.

(03-07-2024, 01:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: A kid I really like is Florida C Kingsley Equakun.  He's got the prerequisite arm length you want out of a C.  He has experience with both zone(what we like to try to run) and gap(what we wind up falling back to when zone fails).  He's great at climbing to the second level and getting blocks in the run game and has good awareness for stunts and delayed rushers in pass pro.  He's got some technique issues and can stand to add play strength, but that's pretty much every Day 3 OL prospect.  Kid's a tough nosed battler in the trenches that just doesn't give up, even when beaten initially.  He hasn't allowed a sack in 901 pass pro reps.

Honestly I was more impressed with the Gators RG big #54 with a name I can't remember how to spell. I think he transferred into the Big10 somewhere.

(03-07-2024, 02:31 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Mike Sanristil out of Michigan. Kid is a fearless hitter and i see him as a replacement for Hilton when his contract is up next year.

Probabaly the smartest DB in rhe draft class. He was the leader of that Michigan secondary getting everyone lined up and shouting passing concepts he expected from the formations. You can tell he probably lives in thr film room.

(03-07-2024, 02:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Braden Fiske's combine performance got me excited.

Absolutely crazy draft season for Fiske. I just wish 50% of his negative play production wasn't in 1 game this year lol.

(03-07-2024, 02:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Cade stover as a shock to nobody…. Dude is a 2 time captain. At Ohio state, played lber and de, and is still learning the position. But dude is a baller who breaks tackles with ease and his ability to high and low point balls is almost unrivaled in this class. He’s such a goo fit for what we want to do and would be plug and play here. He’s also a very god blocker. But since he’s osu and I’m called bias I’ll add one more.

Graham Barton. I don’t understand why he’s not getting mid first round buzz, but it makes no sense to me. He can play all 5 spots in the oline, would mainly play center for us, was the only olineman in 2022 to be given a run and pass block grade of 85+. He is the most underrated olineman in this class even with a high second round projection. He’d be a plug and play at whatever position, and then can provide high quality play at all 5 spots

My comp and ceiling for Cade Stover is Tyler Conklin. Stover will be at his best in a run heavy scheme that allows him to block/chip release in play action. He isn't going to get you alot of yards after contact but will fight through tackles for a first down. A little stiff in the angles and hips can limit his route tree

(03-07-2024, 02:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Calen Bullock FS out of USC
He is the perfect single High safety for us long term!

I don't know how you can watch that USC defense. I had to rewind the all-22 several times just trying to figure out thr coverages because the USC secondary was always half out of position. Calen Bullock probabaly takes the worst angles of any DB in this class. That's hard to coach too need to be full speed. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is your Favorite Prospect Fit (non-first round) - Synric - 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM