Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-08-2024, 11:47 AM)jason Wrote: We all have valid opinions on the matter, but changing your mind due to how last year played out doesn't make a ton of sense to me personally. Joe Burrow has missed more games in his career than Tee has. Everyone wanted to extend him... Maybe not Bigzo, but you know what I mean.

Apples and oranges there Jason. Joe Burrow is a franchise QB that gives us a chance at Super Bowl wins for his entire career.

Tee Higgins is a very good #2 WR on a team with a true #1 WR in Ja'Marr Chase that we need to pay.

Before last season I thought we had a chance to extend Tee and his and Ja'Marr's contracts would balance each other out as we would
be paying Tee at different times than Ja'Marr. Since we couldn't get a deal done and then Tee had his worst season in the NFL while being
banged up with different injuries and most notably hamstring pulls that tend to reocurr it changed my mind big time.

You don't extend him now while we are extending Ja'Marr, we cannot afford both of them now. If it was going to happen it should of 
happened before last season. Now if Tee's number went down because of his poor season it would be different but it doesn't seem like it
from all we are hearing and he still wants to be paid #1 money when he simply isn't one yet. Let someone else take that gamble.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-08-2024, 02:33 PM