Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers are signing Russell Wilson
(03-11-2024, 11:14 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I don’t know, they’re instantly better today with him than they were as a playoff team last season while paying next to nothing. Great move, IMO.

(03-11-2024, 12:30 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Makes sense to me.   We have no idea  whether we’re getting Seattle Wilson or Denver Wilson.  In the worst case scenario, we get a decent backup for a year at a bargain price ($1.2 Million).  But if he returns to form, the price tag goes from being a bargain to an absolute steal, and we’ll hopefully get an opportunity to extend.  

Either way, at that price, I think it’s worth the risk.  

Yeah, Im starting to warm up to it. IDK what kind of hibernation I was in last night, but I missed the signing and didn't see it until early this morning. 

I guess if he plays the way that we hope and the Steelers win a playoff game or two and he looks good doing it, maybe you can convince Russ to sign a 2-3 year team friendly deal....like $30-$35M annually (I can't believe that that would be team friendly, but here we are Hilarious Thanks Browns...a**holes)....since it would give him the best shot to win a SB before he retires.  

Otherwise, KP has a year to sit and learn a new system and hopefully he'll be improved for 2025. Maybe thats the plan? I'd still like them to sign Tannehill at QB3. I think he'd be perfect to mentor KP as he knows Smiths offense well and could have him ready...for whenever that may be. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers are signing Russell Wilson - StrictlyBiz - 03-11-2024, 12:49 PM