Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-11-2024, 03:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Your chance to win a ring is probably less without Burrow as your QB. Zac Wilson? OK. He didn't know AROD was going to go there. he showed his cards immediatley, it's just about money, maybe we should only pay NFL players that win rings and everyone else a minimum. Big Grin

If you're just playing NFL for the money (which maybe many of them are), us fans are left with basically nothing, we're going to the deathbed with zero rings from our fav team too, which then suggests what are we even watching for lol. All smoke and mirrors. It's not like we have any control over how much they pay our star QB who has shown he's oft injured.

But let's say you earned 150 million in your career or you could have earned 125 million and had a ring (or a better chance at one), how many of us would have said 150? With investments that thing is already rolling out of control. I think we'd want to look down at our hand and see a ring. Not a pointless one when you're 35 trying to grab one on a veteran contract, something you actually contributed to lol. Dare we say the financial difference is even less, at what point does it not matter?

How much is the difference going to be with Tee in the end? Probably larger than 25 million. Will it be 40-50+ million over the course of his career? That might make a huge difference.

I'm personally not in a job that "pays me as much as possible", and I'm not making anywhere near 30-50 million a year. I think many would see $$$ and just skip out, it's still a large increase. I don't think Tee could live behind Chase here anyway, we knew this for a long time, he wouldn't be able to retire not having his chance at #1, it's probably more than just money with Higgins.

The NFL is a weird company where you're drafted to work for a portion of it, you don't get a choice really, until now (when your contract is up).

All that said, give us Myles Garrett for Tee, even trade. Big Grin Sad

So I think Higgins chance to win a ring is lower with a QB, WR1, and WR2 paid at the top of their positions in the NFL. It robs from being able to spend on other spots.

It sucks, but that's the cap dynamics.

Teams with that pay structure just don't win Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - THE PISTONS - 03-11-2024, 03:59 PM