Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Geno Stone plans to sign with the Bengals
(03-11-2024, 06:16 PM)Nepa Wrote: I feel the same way (nothing). I didn't see Geno Stone on any of the listings of top players or even top safeties, so he wasn't on my radar. (My hope was 4 time, all-pro (2nd team) Justin Simmons, who was a sure thing.) And saying trust Lou doesn't work when I trusted Lou on the Nick Scott signing last year. Hopefully, Stone is on the ascendency and will solidify the Bengals. But the very poor run PFF grade (33)  is concerning. Does he not tackle well or get faked out on runs? 

I will amend this earlier comment. I now did find Stone on a listing of the top free-agent safeties and 52nd overall. (Justin Simmons wasn't listed, so maybe this list was made earlier). Stone was listed 5th, with these comments:

5. S GENO STONEBALTIMORE RAVENS
2024 Free agency rank: 52

In his first season playing in a full-time role on a defense that deploys three-safety looks as much as any team in the NFL, Stone boasted an 84.9 PFF coverage grade in the regular season that ranked seventh at the position and brought in a position-leading seven interceptions.
The knocks on Stone will be about his lack of deployment in the box or the slot and his poor run defense and tackling, missing 19% of tackle opportunities this season.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-nfl-free-agency-rankings-safeties
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geno Stone plans to sign with the Bengals - Nepa - 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Geno to CIN - SouthernStripes - 03-11-2024, 05:30 PM
RE: Geno to CIN - michaelsean - 03-11-2024, 05:34 PM
Bengals get Geno Stone - pulses - 03-11-2024, 05:41 PM