Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Bengals Remove Franchise Tag From Higgins, since he wants to leave ?
(03-11-2024, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I'm thinking that his agent pulled this shock stunt to not only try to scare the Bengals into overpaying, but also as a feeler to see if any other team out there was willing to bite on picks and a rich deal.  As it turns out, there appears to be no day 1 shockers as far as Higgins buyers go.  Honestly, the entire league saw the same Tee that looked golden for two consecutive seasons struggling to maintain focus at times and going down not once, but twice with injuries in the same season.  I could see the agent having a boner for the market if Tee had come out and produced similar to 2021-2022, but it simply didn't happen.

I was sincerely hoping that the team could reach a long term (like 5 years) deal with Higgins for dollar amounts that would put him at the top of the WR2 market, yet still affordable for the team to function.  It's not over yet, but the chances of that happening aren't looking good right now.

That would be great and hope it happens. Problem is there's almost always a team out there willing to shell out big bucks......hoping they strike gold.

I doubt this is resolved anytime soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Bengals Remove Franchise Tag From Higgins, since he wants to leave ? - bengalfan74 - 03-11-2024, 08:50 PM