Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-11-2024, 07:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No, it's only silly because he's not a regular person so comparing him to one is pointless. 

How many of those career fields have only ~1,500 openings for the entire world and a massive amount of turnover? Only 56% of players are on a roster from one year to the next and only 35% over a two year span. With a constant pressure to prove your worth of be done in the career every year.

You are overestimating the amount of players who ever make $100m. If Tee broke both of his legs in a car crash today, the Bengals would likely retract his franchise tag offer and he would never play in the NFL again. Even if it happened after signing his franchise tag, it could be called a Non-Football Injury, which they don't have to pay him for (though they likely would because of public pressure). Getting guaranteed money is the only thing players can actually rely on and you should never blame a player for trying to get the most they can in the short time they have making money for a $20b/yr business.

That's a terrible idea. That just means that everyone good would go to one team, because they're all making league minimum without a SB win. So you'd just get the very best player in every single position on the same team, they'd all cost the same as the worst players in every position, and then they'd just win every single SB every single year. 

You're more concerned about the ring because you're a fan. They're more concerned about money because the NFL is their job. If you want to bring it back to your need to compare them to normal people, that'd be like you willingly taking a fraction of what you're worth at your job because you want your company to hit a stock price milestone or to complete a merger. Why don't you care about the company more than yourself? Because the company doesn't care about you any further than how much you help them make money.

Like I said, I don't envy those working jobs where they think this is the best paying job they can have. There's more to it than that, and I don't make 30 million a year instead of 20 million a year. The argument you have is we can't relate to them, obviously not financially.

You're probably making a fraction of what you could make elsewhere. Even if that fraction is something like 4/5th. I know I can make double what I'm making right now, but what do I give up?

It also makes a difference how much he's made in his career so far, which is not much, Tee's net worth is basically nothing when it comes to an NFL player of his talents, so it makes sense especially at his age to go for the money grab.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term - reuben.ahmed - 03-12-2024, 03:11 AM