Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron
What worries me the most is he's not thrown for more than 200 yards in any of his starts and as he is getting more game tape on him, it seems defenses are playing him better and learning how to severely limit what he's doing (under 6 YPA each of his last two starts). The rest of the team can make up for that against teams like the 49ers or Ravens (both 5 win teams), but you're not going to find any 49ers or Ravens in the postseason.

If the team actually had to rely on McCarron to come back and win the game with his arm, that's when he threw some really bad INTs against the Steelers.

The other thing that worries me is the sacks. He's been sacked 12 times and only has 119 pass attempts. Dalton got sacked 20 times with 386 attempts this year. He holds onto the ball far too long, which will lead to not just completely unnecessary sacks, but a lot more hits as well. Saw it in the Ravens game where he's already getting a bit beaten up by it, he's not exactly a big sturdy guy. 6'3, 210lbs... imagine if Giovani Bernard put on 5 pounds, and then got 6" taller. You'd be terrified of him taking any hits.

Hopefully Hue is also studying the game tapes and finds some ways to help him out. I don't think "don't turn the ball over and hope for the best" will work in the postseason like it worked against two 5-win teams.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Bunch of Reasons We Can Win a Playoff Game (or two) with AJ McCarron - TheLeonardLeap - 01-04-2016, 03:06 AM