Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The argument of "Playoff Teams"
(01-04-2016, 03:09 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: By "my" definition? And what definition is that? I think you're misconstruing what I'm saying.

Again, I understand that good teams lose to bad teams, and I'm not denying that it happens. What I'm saying is that I take issue with people covering up the Texans loss by saying "We lost to a playoff team" when that is really just an excuse to ignore the fact that we played badly against a bad team, which shouldn't have happened. Yes, good teams do lose to bad teams, but good teams shouldn't go 4 quarters without scoring a touchdown against a bad team at home (assuming said team doesn't have key injuries etc...) It is actually very possible to play good against a bad team and still lose. Just because good teams lose against bad teams does not mean that all those losses were "bad" ones. The Bengals loss however was definitely a bad loss to a bad team.
I believe I understand what you are saying. I am willing to go along with the idea that the Texans are a bad team, was a bad loss and yet are a playoff team. The problem I have is that if you take a snapshot of every team's season in 2015, you will see a bad loss to a bad team. Again it feels like "Water is wet". What's the news with that? I don't get the point.

If you were arguing that the Bengals defense can't seem to end a half (see both halves and OT of Broncos game), then I am totally with you. I wouldn't trust the Bengals defense for one last stop in the playoffs. Hell, that defense couldn't stop TJ Yates off the bench and he was off the couch.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The argument of "Playoff Teams" - TexasorBusted - 01-04-2016, 03:27 AM