Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This is the BEST Free Agency I've Ever Seen in the Burrow Era
(03-13-2024, 02:34 PM)Capt.Morgan Wrote: Honestly though, the defense, for the most part, was on the field entirely too much because we couldn’t convert a third and short. Yes, we did go with a lousy line, but we also snuck up on teams that year - not the case anymore. 

No one is saying we have to win shootouts, but wouldn’t it be nice to drive the ball down teams throats when the clock is ticking down? Also, Burrow has played only 2 full seasons if memory serves. We paid him a ton, now we have to protect him. 

Agree with this of course. Also would be nice to not have these freak accident injuries where our QB steps wrong and pulls his calf on a 
play that has nothing to do with the OL. Following this up with our QB not being able to play under Center which sabotages the OL and 
the run game with a RB that isn't good in short yardage anyways.

This was some bad stuff that happened to us last year. If we can add a decent bridge gap RT like Trent Brown or Becton while we add a
talented RT for the future in the Draft good things could happen.

I agree with Ell Prez on improving the Defense so we can hold Offenses to 23 points instead of last year's poor play, but like you said, 
our Defense was on the field a ton because of our poor Offense. These things affect each other. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the BEST Free Agency I've Ever Seen in the Burrow Era - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-13-2024, 02:43 PM