Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nearly $70 million under the Cap has produced this underwhelming free agency period?
(03-13-2024, 05:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm not going to judge until its over, but they are sitting there with about 50 million in cap space, significant holes still, and a lot of the top guys already picked over...

It's hard not to question what the hell they are doing. I'd say keep the faith, but this FO has had some blunders of late. Nick Scott, Irv Smith, some suspect drafts...

I hope they know what they are doing.

There have definitely been some duds with the bargain bin FAs in Smith and Scott.
But they also got some great value in other signings/trades - Hurst, BJ Hill, Ogunjobi to name a few.
They also nailed some of their higher priced signings in Reader and Hendrickson a few years ago.

I'm hoping they assessed the look of this RT class in FA and the draft, making determination that this draft class looks pretty good and they don't have to just sign some rando to start.
DT is a different story though, and my worry is they basically are putting all their chips into Reader coming back and/or hoping they can draft Sweat, neither of which may happen. Or if Sweat is the plan, do they reach for him and take him 18 when he's more in the 30's range at best.

I'd feel a bit more comfortable though if Tupou re-signed as a stopgap/backup, if anything.
He's been steadily ok-not-terrible for the past few years and logging ~300-400 reps each season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly $70 million under the Cap has produced this underwhelming free agency period? - ochocincos - 03-13-2024, 06:01 PM