Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nearly $70 million under the Cap has produced this underwhelming free agency period?
(03-13-2024, 06:22 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Well, for starters, and with the cap room we have and draw of competing? Go after the best fit at RT and interior DL. That seems pretty obvious to me. The best ones are now gone.
Personally, I would be looking for a trade for Tee. That’s a lot of money for someone who doesn’t want to be here and there are plenty of routes to replacing him.
I would look for an upgrade at guard as well.
Stone is a solid signing and probably makes our defense a little more structurally sound but less athletic. There is also the chance he’s another Noc Scott. 7th round 1 year wonder protected by an elite defense and scheme.
Gesicki can not be your starter at tight end and neither can Sample. Depth moves and the Gesicki signing is a lot like the Irv Smith signing. A talented guy who has flashed but was injured and bad the year beifre.
I’m fine with the Mixon to Miss move even though there were probably 5 other backs I preferred even at what they signed for.
I’d hate to spend anymore on a secondary that is full of high draft picks over the last 3 years. That would be admitting failure and changing direction, sinking assets into something twice.
I think we need better linebacking play as well.

Which RT's and DT's would you have signed from the available free agents that did not stay with their current team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly $70 million under the Cap has produced this underwhelming free agency period? - Luvnit2 - 03-13-2024, 06:33 PM