Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 08:12 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I do think it's overblown and just simply a tactic to try and force a longterm contract one way or another. But if there is truth to the haven't had contract talks since March 2023 then I would say he may be a little insulted. Not a shocker to us as the Bengals love to just fall back on the franchise tag but it could be insulting to a player not to even try.

Let me tell you how I think the "no contract talks" scenario played out:

Tee's agent set a guaranteed amount that we will not come close to touching.  

At the end of the season, we called or they called, doesnt matter which, and the first question was, "Is Tee at the same number we wont come close to?" 

The answer was "Yes".

At the deadline, before tags are announced, the same question was asked with the same response.

There is no need to have contract talks if Tee's side is not budging. 

I dont just blame Tee, I hate that we act as if we are so poor that we must refuse to guarantee 2nd years. The guarantee has no impact on anyone except the owner's pocket.  Not the cap, not anything.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - casear2727 - 03-13-2024, 08:18 PM