Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime
(03-14-2024, 02:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Don't we have something close to the highest incarceration rate in the world with the most people in prison? And we have for profit prisons. And prisons are where many young people get indoctrinated and turn in to permanent turds. I don't like any of that. I like people who try to solve that problem. I'm not pro crime.

This is what I find fascinating about you, sincerely.  You'll make a highly partisan post and then follow it up with something infinitely more thoughtful.  To your points in order.  Yes, we have a high population of incarcerated people and yes, some of them shouldn't be incarcerated in an ideal situation.  I am totally against for profit anything in the criminal justice system.  Prisons do not indoctrinate anyone as it's very unlikely for a non recidivist criminal to end up in prison.  They absolutely can reinforce what is already there.  I think if you saw exactly how many criminal offenses the average inmate has committed before being sent to prison you'd be much more outraged that it took so long for them to go.  Lastly, trying to solve the problem is great, but methods matter.

Quote:Obviously I wouldn't vote for anyone who would do some dumb shit like

https://abc7.com/george-gascon-los-angeles-district-attorney-lada-misdemeanor-crimes/8674095/
Gascon announced a sweeping range of reforms when he was sworn-in Monday, including no longer seeking the death penalty and not using gang enhancements for sentencing.

In addition, he has issued a memo to prosecutors in his office seeking to change how they deal with a range of low-level crimes.

The memo spells out misdemeanors which should be declined or dismissed before arraignment, with a number of exceptions at the discretion of the prosecutor. Among them: Trespassing, disturbing the peace, driving with no license or a suspended license, making criminal threats, drug possession, drinking in public, loitering to commit prostitution and resisting arrest, among others.

Unfortunately for everyone else, there are millions of people on your side of the aisle who not only vote for that "dumb shit" but do so eagerly.  I think the tide is turning though, as Gascon's rather poor showing in the last election demonstrated.

(03-14-2024, 10:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: This thread was about how "Dem" run cities were being over run by "gangs" who weren't raised right or whatever else.

I shared a story about how an upper class white couple was running a country wide operation of theft.

There's an episode of Sopranos that makes this point exceptionally well.  In the beginning of the episode two black dudes carjack an upper class family and afterwards the father exclaims "effing n-words" to his wife's shock.  He then yells back at her, "who else, Karen?"  (I don't recall her exact name.)  The next scene is Tony showing polaroids of stolen cars, including the car just stolen, to mafiosos in Italy while negotiating a stolen car smuggling deal.

The obvious point aside, if there is money to be made in something, someone will control it.  Street level crime money trickles up to someone, every time.  Whether it be the mafia (Mexican or LCN) or cartels, or whatever, someone is above it, at least somewhat directing it, and profiting from it.  That doesn't change anything about said street level crime, or those who commit it.

Quote:You can comment on how that doesn't fit the narrative that this is a problem with the lower class/minorities or you can not comment on all.

Thank you kindly for explaining my options to me.

Quote:I fully understand already that you think Democrat run areas are adject failures (no matter what the statistics say)

I can only personally speak for the one I work, and used to live, in.  I also have very close friends or family in Seattle, Portland, NYC and Austin.  As well as numerous professional colleagues in other cities.  And the answer is yes, they are failures on this issue.  Please don't go the statistics route, you demonstrated very clearly in the other thread you have no idea how to read them.  

Quote:that anything policy that isn't lock them up forever is bad,

What an absurdly stupid, and inaccurate, characterization of my position on this issue.  This is an insipid comment, even for you.

Quote:and that you refuse to move from those areas so you just continue to complain about it.  No need to remind me.

Actually, I moved to Orange County after being in LA for over fifteen years, so incorrect again.  As for reminding you, you apparently need it.  You have zero experience in this field, none.  I have close to twenty-five years.  I've seen the changes and how they affect the common citizen.  I've seen things deteriorate, especially over the past six years.  So, no, I will not be contradicted by someone with no idea what they're talking about.  Sorry about that.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-14-2024, 12:34 PM