Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime
(03-14-2024, 12:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is what I find fascinating about you, sincerely.  You'll make a highly partisan post and then follow it up with something infinitely more thoughtful.  To your points in order.  Yes, we have a high population of incarcerated people and yes, some of them shouldn't be incarcerated in an ideal situation.  I am totally against for profit anything in the criminal justice system.  Prisons do not indoctrinate anyone as it's very unlikely for a non recidivist criminal to end up in prison.  They absolutely can reinforce what is already there.  I think if you saw exactly how many criminal offenses the average inmate has committed before being sent to prison you'd be much more outraged that it took so long for them to go.  Lastly, trying to solve the problem is great, but methods matter.

Unfortunately for everyone else, there are millions of people on your side of the aisle who not only vote for that "dumb shit" but do so eagerly.  I think the tide is turning though, as Gascon's rather poor showing in the last election demonstrated.

There's an episode of Sopranos that makes this point exceptionally well.  In the beginning of the episode two black dudes carjack an upper class family and afterwards the father exclaims "effing n-words" to his wife's shock.  He then yells back at her, "who else, Karen?"  (I don't recall her exact name.)  The next scene is Tony showing polaroids of stolen cars, including the car just stolen, to mafiosos in Italy while negotiating a stolen car smuggling deal.

The obvious point aside, if there is money to be made in something, someone will control it.  Street level crime money trickles up to someone, every time.  Whether it be the mafia (Mexican or LCN) or cartels, or whatever, someone is above it, at least somewhat directing it, and profiting from it.  That doesn't change anything about said street level crime, or those who commit it.

Thank you kindly for explaining my options to me.

I can only personally speak for the one I work, and used to live, in.  I also have very close friends or family in Seattle, Portland, NYC and Austin.  As well as numerous professional colleagues in other cities.  And the answer is yes, they are failures on this issue.  Please don't go the statistics route, you demonstrated very clearly in the other thread you have no idea how to read them.  

What an absurdly stupid, and inaccurate, characterization of my position on this issue.  This is an insipid comment, even for you.

Actually, I moved to Orange County after being in LA for over fifteen years, so incorrect again.  As for reminding you, you apparently need it.  You have zero experience in this field, none.  I have close to twenty-five years.  I've seen the changes and how they affect the common citizen.  I've seen things deteriorate, especially over the past six years.  So, no, I will not be contradicted by someone with no idea what they're talking about.  Sorry about that.

So you have NOT said that the answer is be tougher with punishments and keeping people locked up for crimes?  That "dems" are too soft and allow too many criminals to go free without "enough" jail time?

Because I know you've said that.  And if the "dems" are too soft that means you want policies that are more in line with what you want which is tougher on criminals and longer jail sentences with tougher bail laws.  

You always and only blame "dems" and then claim everyone who disagrees is to ideologically in lock step to understand.  You are also an expert in statistics and have a full understanding of the laws in so many blue cities than we can't talk about those either.

No one  has ever claimed to know more about policing than you.  You've made it quite clear that you understand the system better than all of us.  

That doesn't mean that there isn't MORE to these stories and MORE to the system than just what you understand.  That we can't have discussions about the entire system without being told people have "no idea what they are talking about."  

And I don't care where you moved to personally.  I was referring to you constant moaning about California, and their laws, and their DA and the dems.  I hope when you retire you can find a nice, deep red state to live in just for your peace of mind.

So, in conclusion: I shared a story that demonstrated something new in the thread...that these smash and grabs are just one part of the larger story.  If that wasn't news to you you probably could have added it to the thread yourself.  The thread went from stores closing because of the thefts (not 100% true) to discussion of youths needing social programs to give them some better direction.

Not once did you say that the other aspect was the crime rings hiring these people.

Anyone who has ever listened to a cops show on radio or television or the movies knows about crime rings and syndicates and whatever. that never came up in this thread from anyone because it got focused on the videos of the thefts and who was doing them solely.

That they got a mutli-state ring was interesting to me and adds to the larger discussion about crime in this country.

Wanna discuss that?  Or maybe I'm just being "insipid" again?  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime - GMDino - 03-14-2024, 01:02 PM