Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime
(03-14-2024, 01:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you have NOT said that the answer is be tougher with punishments and keeping people locked up for crimes?  That "dems" are too soft and allow too many criminals to go free without "enough" jail time?

Because I know you've said that.  And if the "dems" are too soft that means you want policies that are more in line with what you want which is tougher on criminals and longer jail sentences with tougher bail laws.

Yes, I am in favor of continuing to do what was working steadily for close to thirty years when the crime rate dropped pretty reliably year after year.  Continuing to do what was working does seem like a terrible strategy, you may be right.  Also, this is a far cry from your inane claim that I think (your words incoming), that anything policy that isn't lock them up forever is bad.  Just admit you were deliberately dishonest and we'll move on.

Quote:You always and only blame "dems" and then claim everyone who disagrees is to ideologically in lock step to understand.  You are also an expert in statistics and have a full understanding of the laws in so many blue cities than we can't talk about those either.

Yes, I only blame Dems when Dem policies have caused this.  I am also a court recognized subject matter expert on the criminal justice system as it pertains to enforcement.  I also am aware of the deliberate and willful suppression and manipulation of crime statistics in Los Angeles County.  I am also aware that a crime rate dropping after skyrocketing, yet still being much higher than it was before your garbage policies were enacted is not a cause for celebration, as you do.

Quote:No one  has ever claimed to know more about policing than you.  You've made it quite clear that you understand the system better than all of us.  

No one?  Pull the other one.

Quote:That doesn't mean that there isn't MORE to these stories and MORE to the system than just what you understand.  That we can't have discussions about the entire system without being told people have "no idea what they are talking about."  

It's interesting to see you type about someone possibly knowing more than me when you literally cannot accept that I know more, much more, than you on this subject.  Have all the discussions you want.  Just be prepared to be corrected when you spout off talking points or are inaccurate.

Quote:And I don't care where you moved to personally.  I was referring to you constant moaning about California, and their laws, and their DA and the dems.  I hope when you retire you can find a nice, deep red state to live in just for your peace of mind.

I wouldn't like it in a deep red state either.  Someone who actually reads and comprehends my posts would know that.

Quote:So, in conclusion: I shared a story that demonstrated something new in the thread...that these smash and grabs are just one part of the larger story.  If that wasn't news to you you probably could have added it to the thread yourself.  That they got a mutli-state ring was interesting to me and adds to the larger discussion about crime in this country.

Wanna discuss that?  Or maybe I'm just being "insipid" again?  Cool

No, you introduced a red herring to the conversation because you thought it bolstered your position.  I pointed out that it does not.  That's how conversations work.  You're obviously aware that I am correct as you've spent literally zero seconds trying to refute the point I actually made.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-14-2024, 01:13 PM