Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers trade 1st round bust
(03-15-2024, 06:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It goes without saying that I can't stand Pitt, but that "first round bust" rolled into Cincy last year and kicked our ass if I'm not mistaken. He had a shitty OC for most of the season, being from Pitt, then drafted by the Steelers is a heavy burden. Give the dude some time and some fresh coaches that aren't from Dueschburgh.

I don't know man, personally I think that his career both peaked and then started falling off a cliff from the moment that he pulled that fake slide bullshit in the Hefty Cinch Sack Bowl.  The Steelers on the other hand saw that cheap move and thought "Wow, he's so resourceful.  He will simply come up with stuff on the fly and keep plays alive forever".  Wrong on all accounts.  In one very brief moment, this young man's career hit a crescendo, and the rest is just the denouement.

He happily accepted a trade to a team that he will likely never play for, why?  Because he has just enough starting experience that tells teams that he CAN play if NEEDED, but I think he's setting himself up to be a career backup.  Not a bad gig, collect a giant paycheck each year and stay mostly healthy and in shape.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers trade 1st round bust - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2024, 06:51 PM