Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias
Anecdotal, but who cares, I'm going to tell it anyway. I took a lit class taught by an obviously liberal female professor my Sophomore year. We were asked to write reviews of assigned readings and interpret the message we took from the piece. I started the class earnestly, putting serious thought and effort into my reviews and expressing my true feelings on what I felt from the author's message. I ended up with B- most times. A friend of mine suggested "faking" a review, meaning write it how she would want to you feel from the assignment. Trust me, that ended up being tougher to do than just letting my own thoughts roll, but I gave it a shot. Ended up with an A in that class.

So, the moral of my anecdote is to let you know that there is indeed such a thing as political bias when it comes to grading in higher education.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2024, 07:47 PM