Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias
(03-15-2024, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anecdotal, but who cares, I'm going to tell it anyway.  I took a lit class taught by an obviously liberal female professor my Sophomore year.  We were asked to write reviews of assigned readings and interpret the message we took from the piece.  I started the class earnestly, putting serious thought and effort into my reviews and expressing my true feelings on what I felt from the author's message.  I ended up with B- most times.  A friend of mine suggested "faking" a review, meaning write it how she would want to you feel from the assignment.  Trust me, that ended up being tougher to do than just letting my own thoughts roll, but I gave it a shot.  Ended up with an A in that class.

So, the moral of my anecdote is to let you know that there is indeed such a thing as political bias when it comes to grading in higher education.

I had a similar experience in college in a public speaking class.  Aced the tests, got ovations for my speech...got a B in the class.  Found out the teacher didn't like men doing better that the women...lol.

I was going to ask her why the next year but she left for another school.

I still don't think allowing to argue that your grade over political views will lead to anything but trouble.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias - GMDino - 03-15-2024, 08:10 PM