Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias
(03-15-2024, 08:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: I had a similar experience in college in a public speaking class.  Aced the tests, got ovations for my speech...got a B in the class.  Found out the teacher didn't like men doing better that the women...lol.

I was going to ask her why the next year but she left for another school.

I still don't think allowing to argue that your grade over political views will lead to anything but trouble.

Okay, so both of us have been touched by at least perceived political bias in the classroom in higher education.  That proves nothing, but is indicative that the case in Arizona may have some possible merit.  I agree with you that allowing grades to be argued upon political bias only opens up the doors for a pandora's box of reasons to argue a grade.  Perhaps higher education in general should take this as an early warning sign that it's time to reign in the activists among the educating community and go back to a "neutral is best" stance on presenting education to people that spend large amounts of money to attain?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2024, 08:23 PM