Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias
(03-15-2024, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anecdotal, but who cares, I'm going to tell it anyway.  I took a lit class taught by an obviously liberal female professor my Sophomore year.  We were asked to write reviews of assigned readings and interpret the message we took from the piece.  I started the class earnestly, putting serious thought and effort into my reviews and expressing my true feelings on what I felt from the author's message.  I ended up with B- most times.  A friend of mine suggested "faking" a review, meaning write it how she would want to you feel from the assignment.  Trust me, that ended up being tougher to do than just letting my own thoughts roll, but I gave it a shot.  Ended up with an A in that class.

So, the moral of my anecdote is to let you know that there is indeed such a thing as political bias when it comes to grading in higher education.

Or, it could be that you're set in your ways, she got you to finally think outside of your box and then rewarded you for it. I always viewed teachers as people that are to expand on who you are, not to amplify all that you've become to this point. Kind of like how Haiku is really only taught in school to teach you a different way of looking at things, to possibly help you with problem solving later in life.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arizona Bill Would Let College Students Appeal Grades If They Allege Political Bias - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 03-15-2024, 10:44 PM