Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building
(01-04-2016, 12:27 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-seeks-peaceful-end-armed-standoff-oregon-federal-building-n489606

The FBI is trying to negotiate with the terrorists, who — from what I understand — are preemptively trying to get two other terrorists freed (the other two were convicted of arson for burning federal property and have been sentenced to less than a year in prison).

One was sentenced to three months and one to a year and a day for a crime with a mandatory minimum of 5 years. They had already served their previous sentence and then the federal courts said they should serve the minimum because they put lives at risk with their wildfires.

I can see being upset with them re-sentencing like that, it's a crap move. But the Hammonds have been butting heads with the feds for about 30 years, maybe more, and the feds have been extremely patient with him from all the stuff I have been reading, especially given the death threats he has made, including trying to hit an agent with the bucket on a scraper he had disabled in the path of a fence the feds were constructing on the refuge. This was 20 years ago, and he's still going at it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Belsnickel - 01-04-2016, 01:44 PM