Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
(03-17-2024, 09:16 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I think you're giving him too much credit.  The guy has a history of over-the-top hyperbole, but I don't think he's some jedi master of intentionally slipping in coded words when he's riffing like that on the campaign trail.
The whole idea of "coded language" and "dog whistles" seems largely to be an invention of the talking heads so that they can put words into the mouths of people to support their narrative.  Apparently secret language known only to the true believers but, conveniently, the talking heads are always well versed and can translate for us.

He's not a jedi master, but he knows or learned along the way how to dog whistle, that much credit is given. As to the "coded language", imho it's just about dancing on the line, which Trump does all the time... at times without code. Would I kill journalists... hmmm.  no. hmmm... no. Things like that. I can give a list of a thousand examples, often ones where I don't feel it's me who is interpreting words, quite often I feel it's rather his defenders that do the interpreting. Like how go home where you came from does not mean go home where you came from and such. Metaphorical bloodbaths, metaphorical walls, metaphorical praise for authoritarian systems, and so on.

And as I said, groups like the proud boys do take him by his code, not me or some talking heads, them themselves. They take the less harmless interpretation usually. And there's not much secrecy behind it, imho it's apparent, he uses the language to satisfy the more extreme supporters and having the more moderate ones defend him anyways against the alleged (and sure at times actual) leftist hysteria. It unites the right in a way. But imho, that is a dangerous line to walk, and an irresponsible one. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country - hollodero - 03-17-2024, 09:29 PM