Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
(03-17-2024, 09:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: You mean what does unblemished US citizens mean? It means just that, they are citizens that are not allowed to vote even though they committed no crime (the one reason where a citizen actually can lose voting rights). I wouldn't know how to clarify further. Citizens that are not allowed to vote and take part in the government. I find it troubling to accept that in a democracy. Also, they do pay taxes, including federal taxes, 4 billion in 2021 alone. Taxation without representation.

What you call protected territory is a colony in my eyes, something also quite troubling to me. But hey, in fact we can disagree, the one thing I have an issue with is calling democrats out for wanting US citizens to be able to vote, as if they were the enemies of democracy for that. That was the reason behind my post really.

But, they are not US Citizens, as Puerto Rico is a sovereign nation.  They are dependent upon the US for aid, but they don't contribute (and are most likely unable to) contribute to the US tax base. Therefore they are afforded the protections of the US for military/political reasons, and they still operate as their own Nation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2024, 10:05 PM