Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-17-2024, 10:52 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: We had 70M in cap space and an awful line for all of JB’s career. I can’t believe we didn’t grab any of the top linemen. If C is average meaning we didn’t get better and don’t get worse, I think this FA was a D-. On paper, which is all we can judge off of, the 2024 Bengals are worse than the 2023 Bengals.

It stinks, and I hate having to take a need, but OT is lining up as a probable BPA even if there is a mini run.  There are even some solid interior OL.  I know that we are fixated on one of the DTs being there but this is very important...they likely won't.  The class isn't deep so so we need to play this right and not reach. 

So, if I see G or C come up as BPA in the 2nd or 3rd and the NTs are gone I think you have have to do it.  I'd rather double dip on the OL, but you can't do that unless you have a NT.  Thats why Tart negotiations are critical, there aren't any true capable NTs.  You can use a comp pick and move up to ger Sweat, or maybe the 4th to move up from the comp pick to land McKinney.  Then you can still get a OL that may still compete.  Basically I agree that I'm not happy with the jam they're in, but they are going to have the shot to get themselves out of it. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - phil413 - 03-17-2024, 11:31 PM