Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
(03-17-2024, 11:29 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Well, think about it.

If we're going to frame it within the argument that he meant "bloodbath" as in the market crashing then it actually makes sense. A market crash would be "the least of it" in the sense that a market crash is the catalyst to everything else getting worse. 

When a market crash happens, that isn't the "end" of it, rather it's the "beginning" of more bad things to come. So in that sense it would be "the least of it". Whether that's what he actually meant is for you to decide.

You could basically look at it this way, as if it were a spectrum.

"Least of it" Market Crash > Leads to > Investors pulling out of the market > Leads to > Widespread heavy financial loss > Leads to > Widespread job losses > Leads to > Economic instability > Leads to > Consumer desperation > Leads to > National chaos > Leads to > Global chaos > Leads to >World War III or "The worst of it".

Now to be clear, I'm not saying this is what would actually happen or that it would necessarily happen in that particular order if it did. I'm just making the point that a market crash is the "Beginning of the end" or "The least of ti".

OK that is fair, it could be perceived that way. I will say that he never even said market crash to begin with and so imho this argument does do some heavy lifting in terms of interpretation, but overall, I can not exactly disprove this understanding. I still do not quite believe there's nothing nefarious beyond that (absurd, but it's Trump) line of thinking, but one can attribute that to me being biased against the guy and there's no real defense against that here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country - hollodero - 03-17-2024, 11:47 PM