Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
So I withheld comment on this because I hadn't listened to it all. I actually refrained from reading anything or listening to clips. I haven't even read many of the posts talking about the comments. Here are my thoughts on the comments now that I listened to it. I can see arguments for both sides. I can understand the arguments from the Trump campaign that he was talking about an economic bloodbath. I think that is a very reasonable explanation. However, in listening to the recording I can perceive a tonal shift in his comments. He said that "will be the least of it" and it seems to me that he is saying the economic concerns will be the lesser concern compared to the bloodbath that would ensue. So even with the context of the speech I can see an argument for his advocation of political violence. In the end, only Trump knows what he meant.

I'll be honest, though, the more concerning language for me was when he made remarks about some immigrants not being considered people. That was some seriously concerning language.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country - Belsnickel - 03-18-2024, 07:15 AM