Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
(03-18-2024, 07:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So I withheld comment on this because I hadn't listened to it all. I actually refrained from reading anything or listening to clips. I haven't even read many of the posts talking about the comments. Here are my thoughts on the comments now that I listened to it. I can see arguments for both sides. I can understand the arguments from the Trump campaign that he was talking about an economic bloodbath. I think that is a very reasonable explanation. However, in listening to the recording I can perceive a tonal shift in his comments. He said that "will be the least of it" and it seems to me that he is saying the economic concerns will be the lesser concern compared to the bloodbath that would ensue. So even with the context of the speech I can see an argument for his advocation of political violence. In the end, only Trump knows what he meant.

I'll be honest, though, the more concerning language for me was when he made remarks about some immigrants not being considered people. That was some seriously concerning language.

The continued dehumanization of those he was wishes people to despise and all for political reason. And he claims he doesn’t see the parallels o his words and words from despots that led to previous attempts at genocide

Its ugly and hateful…and people will die because of it

Let’s not forget that Trump and his family have a long history of hiring illegal immigrants. Some were ven still employed during his Presidency. He’s doing it for votes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country - pally - 03-18-2024, 08:18 AM