Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel
(03-19-2024, 12:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: I get that Tlaib and certain more extreme stances might make it difficult for some. I don't know enough about the Jewish communities to determine why they tend to vote Democrat. Maybe they do not agree with your assessments, maybe it's not so much about Israel, maybe they indeed dislike Trump or the more extreme wing of the right that does contain several Nazi groups shouting how 'Jews will not replace us' and whatnot. Whatever the reason, Trump has no right to tell them they should be ashamed and hate their religion when not voting for him. 
Whoever rightfully went after Biden for his ain't black comment (he at least did not tell them they hate blacks and should be ashamed when not voting for him, which for sure does not make it ok) has to have an issue with that Trump comment as well to be consistent. It is, after all, pretty antisemitic on its face and I find it a bit odd to find justifications for that without adding some form of condemnation.

Oh, the comment deserves the exact same level of condemnation, to be sure.  I don't know that I'd agree that Trump's is demonstrably worse.  I definitely wouldn't label it as antisemitic, especially when far worse comments about Jewish people are made on the left with minimal condemnation, and frequently support.  As for equal condemnation, that's a two way street.  Maybe Trump says so much stupid shit the impact of the latest one is lessened?  As I've frequently pointed out, Trump makes more than enough verbal gaffes, such as this one, that making them up, e.g. bloodbath, seems rather stupid to me.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-19-2024, 12:37 PM