Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel
(03-19-2024, 02:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: Imho, at some point it appears like a double standard. In a family metaphor, to me it looks like scolding the one son that does some good and some bad, for each and every mistake he makes. Which probably often is justifiable on its merits.

Just, at the same time, the other brother smashes the dishes, kills all the plants, tortures the cat and sets the house on fire. Ah, that's just your brother being your brother, do not distract from the dirty spot on your shirt!

Just have to say, this analogy captures very well so much current political judgment in the U.S., and the effect of the frequent claim "both sides do it."

Biden accidentally took some documents home and then when he realized he had them, returned them, and cooperated with further investigation.

Trump deliberately took some documents home and refused to return them when asked and tried to hide them and involved
others in that obstruction of justice and still claims he did no wrong and the documents are his. 
His minions in Congress cry "same crime, double standard" when his home is raided, and it works for millions of voters.

"Trump being Trump," as when he uses his office to attack a rival for office or attempts a coup or continues to defame a rape victim,
should have long ago disqualified him as unfit for the presidency. But it has not. How does one "overreact" to such behavior?

(03-19-2024, 02:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: I'm not unsysmpathetic to this point, I can at least see it. It's just... I know who the man is, I can not just evaluate that comment as a standalone. Eg. in the same speech, Trump praised the folks that committed violence on his behalf on January 6, called them spirited and unbelievable patriots. Imho, that adds a certain context as well, as well as a plethora of other comments from other speeches and tweets. And yeah, in my opinion him being sneaky with double-speak is one thing I will give him dubious credit for, on grounds that I see him do it all the time and it's far beyond the media misquoting him or ignoring context. I do not know for a fact that the bloodbath comment falls into this category, as stated there are many better examples, but at the very least he should have avoided the term in any case.

Trump claims he will pardon the Jan 6 "political prisoners" as well, and has from the beginning condoned violence among his followers.

By the way, Biden fell all over himself apologizing for the "You ain't black comment."
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/us/politics/joe-biden-black-breakfast-club.html

Trump apologized, sort of, for the Hollywood Access tape, but nothing since that I'm aware of.  So no, not "the same."

End with a question--which European news outlets or journalists are setting/modeling journalistic standards for you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel - Dill - 03-19-2024, 04:59 PM