Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel
(03-19-2024, 04:59 PM)Dill Wrote: Just have to say, this analogy captures very well so much current political judgment in the U.S., and the effect of the frequent claim "both sides do it."

Biden accidentally took some documents home and then when he realized he had them, returned them, and cooperated with further investigation.

Trump deliberately took some documents home and refused to return them when asked and tried to hide them and involved
others in that obstruction of justice and still claims he did no wrong and the documents are his. 
His minions in Congress cry "same crime, double standard" when his home is raided, and it works for millions of voters.

Very true, I do not need convincing on that one, and many other examples for that. However, I would warn of taking the bothsidesism accusation so far as to never critizise the left for anything on the sole basis that Trump is worse. Calling Hunter Biden completely unproblematic for Joe comes to mind, or dismissing all the concerns about his age just because Trump is almost as old and mistakes even more things, and many other issues. imho, the leftist arrogance of declaring themselves the good and righteous side and the conservative side as evil, backwards, inherently racist and whatnot - which, implicitly or explicitely, happens all the time - aided the rise of Trump quite a big deal, which I consider a huge blind spot.

(03-19-2024, 04:59 PM)Dill Wrote: Trump claims he will pardon the Jan 6 "political prisoners" as well, and has from the beginning condoned violence among his followers.

By the way, Biden fell all over himself apologizing for the "You ain't black comment."
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/us/politics/joe-biden-black-breakfast-club.html

Trump apologized, sort of, for the Hollywood Access tape, but nothing since that I'm aware of.  So no, not "the same."

Yeah, that Biden did apologize for his stupid "ain't black" comment goes a long way, imho. That's fair to mention. And yeah Trump is dangerous, demonstrably is not appalled by violence on his behalf and I do have an issue with attempts at downplaying that.

(03-19-2024, 04:59 PM)Dill Wrote: End with a question--which European news outlets or journalists are setting/modeling journalistic standards for you?

Difficult. I shy away from declaring certain outlets as being some kind of gold standard, they all have their issues. Needless to say, I don't know most of them, I don't read all that much outside from the German language region. What I will say is that even the lousiest, most populistic, so-called "boulevard" magazines here, in my opinion, set higher standards than FOX or MSNBC (yes, FOX is even worse) set. For they are mostly gruesome, selling opinions as facts, doing propaganda, serving as their respective party outlets clearly representing a certain agenda. Fringes aside, we have nothing of that sort here. Since you were in Germany, you might be aware of "Bild", which is the only outlet that I would not put above said American mass media outlets in terms of journalistic integrity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel - hollodero - 03-19-2024, 05:32 PM