Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel
(03-19-2024, 04:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: Naturally, I can not really speak to the California experience. As for Europe, that's a tad more complicated imho. We are way left of the US on most socioeconomic issues, regarding healthcare, education, vacation, paid maternity leave, pensions and such. However, we are, in my assessment, still pretty conservative when it comes to societal issues. Same-sex marriage is still an issue, on abortion we actually are pretty close to the latest Trump suggestion (it's unpunished within three months of pregnancy), my country still prosecutes people for marihuana possession (never got me!), we aren't all that liberal on crime either. In short, we're Bernie countries, not necessarily AOC countries though. Still, our right wing is distinctly more racist than the left wing, I dare to say that, and overall I feel the same is true for the US, at least on the federal stage.

Thank you, I always enjoy a first hand perspective.

Quote:But just so I do not misunderstand, you talk about self-loathing white people? So, whites being racist against whites? I mean nothing by that question, I would even in parts agree that there is some self-loathing that takes it too far, as are many racism accusations in general. It's just not all that clear to me what you mean.

White people who dislike white people, or being white themselves.  The number of flagellants I've talked to over the past few years is astounding.  Having to atone for being white.  Being mad at you for not feeling sufficiently, or in my case not at all, responsible for the sins of the past that we had no hand in.  Stating that white people should be actively discriminated against, in hiring for example.  Stating that you cannot be racist towards white people (this is a huge one here).  Some of sister's friends are married to guys I literally cannot have a conversation with because the pain of biting my lip is overwhelming.

Quote:I understand the dynamic, I just find it unwise to live by it. Actually, I feel the opposite is true, that a person with zero history actually is way more credible in any denial or withdrawal than a person that does it all the time. Specifically, I refuse to normalize Trump's many outrageous statements just because he makes them on a regular basis. It makes him more dangerous, not less.

This really doesn't apply to criminal behavior or the like, but we have certain standards we hold people to.  Failing to meet high standards will usually result in more disappointment than a person we have zero expectations of meeting them.

Quote:On that I can not disagree at all, even when I don't find the bloodbath example to be the most compelling one for reasons stated. There are a plethora of other examples though that make me believe you are correct on that one still. Alligators and snakes at the border that Trump allegedly wants, for example.

It's interesting, because I have a similar opinion, just for the other side.  I'd be more inclined to be on side of the bloodbath take if there hadn't been so many hot garbage ones in the past.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-19-2024, 05:51 PM