Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country
(03-19-2024, 04:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What scare tactic is that? People warning against this very man who actually attempted to end our democracy?

Yes we are discussing a speech from the same man who gave a similar speech immediately before YOUR capitol was assaulted. Why play dumb?

Your willingness as a LEO to ignore threats, make excuses for, and play whataboutism with, a speech from the same man who incited a violent mob that assaulted our capitol and tried to steal an election is quite frankly disgusting. Keep overlooking the fact he started the speech saluting criminals in jail for desecrating the symbol of democracy in your country.

Yes, I remember back in 2020, on the question of whether Trump would leave office peacefully, people in this forum were 
diluting Trump rhetoric and priding themselves on their good sense in not taking Trump literally and media "overreaction" seriously.

(03-19-2024, 04:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yes it is. He gave one speech in Ohio that day. If you can’t put 2+2 together. Not sure what to tell you.
The bloodbath
will be the least of it if he doesn’t get elected… sure cars.

Earlier on this thread, Hollo and Bels noted that apparent shift in emphasis (referent?) as well--

There'll be a "Bloodbath for the whole" and "that" will be "the least of it."  What will be the least of it? and for what "whole"?
At first glance, it sounds like "the whole" could mean the Mexican auto market. They'd be unable to sell cars. Hence disaster. 
But that Mexican bloodbath would only occur if he's elected and puts tariffs on Mexican built cars.

However, he says a bloodbath for "the country" if he's NOT elected. That bloodbath must refer to the US, since he's not running in Mexico.

And "that" would be least of it. "That" refers to the automarket? There'll be a widespread "economic" bloodbath, but not just involving cars? 

Trump is no economist. He is an authoritarian populist who often encourages/predicts violence among his
followers. E.g. no economic metaphors in this warning:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-warns-potential-death-destruction-charged-hush-money-probe-rcna76500

So pointing out there'll be a "bloodbath for the whole" CAN be an economic metaphor doesn't really secure what Trump meant 
or what his followers "heard" him say.

Here are his words:"They think that they're going to sell those cars into the United States with no tax at the border. Let me tell you something to China. If you're listening President Xi [Jinping], and you and I are friends, but he understands the way I deal: Those big monster car manufacturing plants that you're building in Mexico right now, and you think you're gonna get that, you're gonna not hire Americans and you're gonna sell the cars to us -- no.

"We're gonna put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you're not gonna be able to sell those guys, if I get elected!" Trump said.

"Now, if I don't get elected, it's gonna be a bloodbath for the whole -- that's gonna to be the least of it -- it's gonna be a bloodbath for the country. That'll be the least of it," he said. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-seeks-fundraise-off-bloodbath-controversy/story?id=108246320
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Comes to Ohio and Threatens the Entire Country - Dill - 03-19-2024, 06:03 PM