Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel
(03-19-2024, 05:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Difficult. I shy away from declaring certain outlets as being some kind of gold standard, they all have their issues. Needless to say, I don't know most of them, I don't read all that much outside from the German language region. What I will say is that even the lousiest, most populistic, so-called "boulevard" magazines here, in my opinion, set higher standards than FOX or MSNBC (yes, FOX is even worse) set. For they are mostly gruesome, selling opinions as facts, doing propaganda, serving as their respective party outlets clearly representing a certain agenda. Fringes aside, we have nothing of that sort here. Since you were in Germany, you might be aware of "Bild", which is the only outlet that I would not put above said American mass media outlets in terms of journalistic integrity.

LOL I misread that first and thought you were offering BILD as an example. I remembered it as more like a German National Enquirer, full of "personal interest" stories about daughters stabbing fathers and school teachers selling drugs to students and a bad neighbor killing someone's 2 pet dogs and the like. 

I do remember the reputable papers as being descriptively denser and more thorough than US counterparts. E.g., SZ. 
Der Spiegel I thought was a peg above Time and Newsweek, with wonderful special issues on topics like Ancient Rome and Evolution.

Anyway, I asked because I have been thinking a lot lately on what journalistic standards should be, and how measured. That's all.

I find national coverage of world events can be very different; sometimes that is related to standards, sometimes to real differences in national interest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel - Dill - 03-19-2024, 06:20 PM