Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel
(03-19-2024, 05:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: White people who dislike white people, or being white themselves.  The number of flagellants I've talked to over the past few years is astounding.  Having to atone for being white.  Being mad at you for not feeling sufficiently, or in my case not at all, responsible for the sins of the past that we had no hand in.  Stating that white people should be actively discriminated against, in hiring for example.  Stating that you cannot be racist towards white people (this is a huge one here).  Some of sister's friends are married to guys I literally cannot have a conversation with because the pain of biting my lip is overwhelming.

Alright, I only experienced actual white guilt in small slices, the occasional weird tweet and such. So I can not really say much enlightening to that, except that I do believe you. Partly based on the fact that white guilt in all its facets is not dismissed by the academic world and hence seems quite real. That being said, a small amount of white guilt, to me, doesn't seem all that inappropriate if it is constructive. Eg. Generational wealth that other races were not able to build because of the sins of the past still have certain effects in today's time and I would not deem it white guilt to address that. That the racism bat is swung around way too often, and often by whites that want to prove they are more considerate than others, that one I feel like I can attest to. It's often poisonous and destructive for sure, I'd agree with that.

(03-19-2024, 05:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This really doesn't apply to criminal behavior or the like, but we have certain standards we hold people to.  Failing to meet high standards will usually result in more disappointment than a person we have zero expectations of meeting them.

I totally get that, I still regard that as some kind of trap and would advocate to not follow that logic. Just because it is so doesn't make it wise. Eg. when it comes to Trump and letting things slide that would be a huge deal/scandal if a less depraved person said them. That is understandable, but still makes no sense.

(03-19-2024, 05:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's interesting, because I have a similar opinion, just for the other side.  I'd be more inclined to be on side of the bloodbath take if there hadn't been so many hot garbage ones in the past.  

I understand. Trump allegedly wants to nuke hurricanes, wants the city of Seoul to be moved, ordered hookers in Russia etc etc, all hearsay stories the media gleefully ran with, including the infamous ice cream scope scandal and other stories that were made up to begin with. I get it, one must not trust these assessments. However, letting everything slide because of tainted media coverage (I'm not saying you do that) does not seem all that wise either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel - hollodero - 03-19-2024, 06:39 PM