Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel
(03-20-2024, 12:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Perfectly stated and explained.  What is sad to me is that anyone would actually need this explained to them.  The "progressive" movement has done more damage to race relations in this country than any group in the past forty plus years.  But they still see themselves as the good guys on this issue.  It does not bode well for the future.

Sorry to hear about your personal situation.  I have a white friend who is married to a Chinese woman (not of Chinese decent, literally moved here from China) and he has received snide comments about white men fetishizing Asian women, almost exclusively from people who are not white.  My last girlfriend was Puerto Rican and got comments about her dating a colonizer.  It's really sick what is going on right now, and it seems intentional.

What frustrates me is the progressive movement has the right idea, they just use it improperly. The lasting effects of systemic racism are reverberating through our society today, and it's good to address them in a constructive and forward thinking manner. It's just the language surrounding the issue is all out of whack which leads to major problems when it comes to individual interactions between people of different races. A black person may use the phrase, "Black people can't be racist, they can only be prejudice" in what they believe is a good faith evaluation of systemic racism, but all some white people will hear is, "you are trying to make an excuse for acting the way you don't want me to act." And nobody likes a hypocrite.

And right wing pundits have taken advantage of that fact to really drive the culture war home. It is endlessly frustrating to me that culture war topics are the prevalent topics of discussion in politics today. I wish it weren't that way, but unfortunately that's where pundits on the right (with those on the left happily following their lead) have driven the conversation.

Politics are exhausting.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you're Jewish and you vote for Biden you hate your religion and hate Israel - CJD - 03-20-2024, 12:58 PM