Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micheal hall jr pro day numbers.
(03-22-2024, 12:10 PM)Synric Wrote: First I put this in the wrong thread I meant to reference this about Johnny Newton and not Michael Hall. Hall is going to be a good rotational pass rusher and probabaly a very very inconsistent run defender because of who he is.

Jer'Zhan Newton could be a star a top NFL defensive tackle. He would be someone they can build their defensive line around for the future. Rankins and Hill wouldn't stop me from drafting Newton if he's on top of my board in round 1. Same thing with Geisiki/Bowers and Brown/Fuaga. 

While I get what you are saying, the difference I see between the 3T spot vs RT/TE is that Brown and Gesicki are only on 1-year contracts whereas Rankins has the 2nd year.
You greatly pointed out that the Bengals COULD choose to cut him next season and free up $10 mill, but they don't have to.
Compare that to RT and TE, where a new deal would have to be worked out or replace with someone new.

Newton is probably my favorite pass rushing IDL in this draft class.
I'd love to have him.
But I'd want the Bengals to have a plan to address the other positions well if they use their 1st rounder on arguably a luxury pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Micheal hall jr pro day numbers. - Jpoore - 03-22-2024, 09:55 AM
RE: Micheal hall jr pro day numbers. - ochocincos - 03-22-2024, 01:42 PM
RE: Micheal hall jr pro day numbers. - J24 - 03-26-2024, 10:51 PM