Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Deja Vu all over again? MTG files a motion to vacate the Speaker
(03-23-2024, 07:07 AM)pally Wrote: Non citizens cannnot vote

So you are saying Republican ideas are so bad and out of touch that a majority of people won’t vote for them? Or are you saying Republican politicians are so bad that they can’t convince people to vote for them?

What you are saying is that the only way Republicans can win is to prevent legitimate voters from voting.

Did i not say "Future" voters?  

(03-23-2024, 09:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Right, he hasn't done anything at all. He hasn't implemented any executive actions or tried to get bi-partisan legislation passed to address the issues that were then turned down by Republicans who *checks notes* wanted to use it as a political tool and have admitted as much. Interesting.

What did he do that would have effectively SLOWED down the number of Immigrants coming here on a daily basis? 
If anything, he caused MORE to come because he wasn't doing anything to slow it down. Insert Trump for Biden and Dems for Repubs and it was the same then, except Trump was pushing for measures only to keep getting blocked. 

(03-23-2024, 09:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's always nice when the sensible adults come together to make things happen. Too bad extremists make it so that we have to rely on these stopgap measures and can't get an actual budget passed. It's almost as if they are trying to see the government fail.

That i agree with and there's plenty to go around on both sides. Wonder what the earmarks look like on this one.

(03-23-2024, 11:09 AM)pally Wrote: You mean other than negotiating a bipartisan immigration bill that Donald Trump torpedoed so that the other side didn’t get a win.

The MAGA leader and his minions don’t want an actual bill.  They want the political issue to complain about.

The previous administration failed to pass any new immigration laws.  In fact he even had to take from military appropriations to fund the small part of the wall that was built because he couldn’t get the main promise of his immigration plan passed.  I guess he learned that Mexico wasn’t paying.

Immigration and the border cannot be fixed via executive order.  The laws need to be updated.

Congress needs to get off their collective as**** and do their bloody job instead of relying on presidential stopgaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i guess since you know so much about how MAGA people feel about it, you must be a closet MAGA. Takes one to know one kinda thing. 

Thanks for pointing out that Trump at least attempted to do things, overtly and covertly to get around Congress. 

Finally something sensible, The laws need to be updated. I already said in another post that quite a few things need to be scrapped and re-built to get them more current with the times. Definitely agree about Congress, both sides need to get off their azzes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deja Vu all over again? MTG files a motion to vacate the Speaker - Mike M (the other one) - 03-23-2024, 06:46 PM