Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Deja Vu all over again? MTG files a motion to vacate the Speaker
(03-23-2024, 07:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Trump was getting blocked by the courts because what he did was not within the law. Biden didn't do those things because, well, they weren't within the law. The Biden administration has been asking for legislation  on immigration from the start, but Congress has been ineffective on this front, both when it was a Democratic majority and now with the GOP at the helm in the House. In all seriousness, POTUS gets the blame for this but the executive branch can only go as far as the law and the budget allows.

Hard to say. It was definitely a more conservative spending bill than I would've liked to see, but compromises are what they are.

(03-23-2024, 08:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: OFC he pushed the boundaries. I would as well. As i say about Bengals Free Agency pickups, can't hit if  you aren't swinging. 

Yea it was smaller than we thought it would be, but isn't it only for 6 mos vs the full year anyways?

From what i have been reading, seems a few Dems didn't want to sign because they were worried it would be used as a political sticking point against them in their up coming re-elections.  So that kinda makes me wonder what was so bad that it could cost them a re-election. I'd rather vote for someone that gets shit done vs sitting on their thumbs the entire time.

Going beyond the law isn't "pushing boundaries".

This is one of those "congress makes the laws" situations.  And when they did Trump told republicans not to vote for it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deja Vu all over again? MTG files a motion to vacate the Speaker - GMDino - 03-23-2024, 09:25 PM