Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,”
(03-23-2024, 07:09 PM)Dill Wrote: Not really.  I'd like to meet a "historian site" that credits Hitler in that way.

No one credits Churchill and British conservatives for breaking the Enigma Code.
Or FDR and US Liberals for the atomic bomb.

Germany had a wonderful cohort of engineers to draw on for creating weapons. 
I'd give them the credit. But the Nazis didn't create the system that trained them.

As the first line of your post affirms, they broke it.

Some of the 1,000+ Jewish scientists who fled Germany were critical to developing the US bomb.
E.g., it was Rudolf Peierls who solved the ignition problem. And they undermined Germany's
ability to develop one.  I credit the Nazis with that, also for work conditions which made it
hard for scientists to complete the advanced research and technological application for a bomb.

Nazis were good at expanding murder of civilians to industrial scale. Credit Hitler with that.

Ofc Hitler didn't directly invent it, but he was responsible for it's development on his watch via Funding. 

Like any good fun loving peaceful minded Totalitarian regime, they took control and got rid of the parts that didn't fit their agenda and twerked it to match what they wanted. 

WTF? Some Polish mathematicians while in Poland broke the code. Was Churchill secretly funding them? If not then he had no ties, so why should he get credit for it? 

FDR certainly does get partial credit, he started and got funding for the Manhatton Project, Truman did keep the funding going, but I don't think he was fully aware of what it was that they were doing til he was POTUS. FDR was pretty secretive about that project. So Truman is really only associated with it because he was the unfortunate one that had to decide whether or not to deploy the bomb. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Adolf Hitler “did some good things,” - Mike M (the other one) - 03-23-2024, 10:03 PM