Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cordell Volson and this offensive line
(03-24-2024, 07:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They seem dead set on Pollack and Volson being here.

I've said many times this offseason that they need to get a LG or a C (and then move Karras back to LG), but I also agree with people who then generally point out to me that they don't seem like they are willing to do so.

I know PFF isn't gospel, but Volson had a 44.4 pass blocking grade heading into the last week, over 12 points lower than the 4th worst. That is not average, that is terrible, and if you can't pass block in this pass heavy offense with the highest paid QB in the NFL coming off another surgery, you're a wasted starting spot.

Yeah it's a given that these guys are supported above.  I do think though they'll take advantage of at least one of these paths to competition at LG.

1. IF and only if the high drafted tackle (within the first 3 rds) of the future is comfortable getting work at LG. 

2. If we don't trade our picks, there is too much quality not to draft a 2nd rookie.  At some point they'll be taking a center of the future, a quality guard or even maybe a versatile tackle.  

3.  After the draft, a ring chasing vet may give them a discount.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m genuinely surprised you guys have let Cordell Volson slide so much this offseason - phil413 - 03-24-2024, 07:28 PM