Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals
(03-25-2024, 01:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Many legal experts agree, in time this ruling will be overturned. 

Many financial experts say it will hurt NYC and NY if this is not overturned. Billionaires like Kevin Oleary are on record they are done investing in NY or NYC if this ruling stands. 

But he definitely committed fraud.  I have no idea if the SCOTUS would or any other court will substantially revise the penalty, much less erase it.  NY law allows for the fine/penalty in this matter, so you need a basis for finding that law unconstitutional.  That this law hasn't been used in this manner to get anyone else in a similar case I don't think matters - "they didn't charge the other guy" isn't really a defense, at least not if you aren't a protected class (which political affiliation is not).

I think if the judge felt there was reasonable chance of Trump getting the ruling vacated or reversed, then he would have waived any bond requirement.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bond slashed to 175 million while Trump appeals - JustWinBaby - 03-25-2024, 04:20 PM